If this is your first time participating in these Active Engagement Prompts. Please read more about them here.
What would you do with $1 Billion? Have you ever thought about it? Money is not evil. The bible says the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. (1 Timothy 6:10) And that you cannot serve both money and God. (Matthew 6:24) The issue is the desire and love of money. Money is just a tool and a resource we use. It can be used for good or for evil. The choice is yours. (Deuteronomy 30:19)
In this prompt, I want to give you permission to dream big without limits or without restraints. I want you to create a vision of how to use money. Don’t be afraid to write (or imagine) something you desire that cost a lot of money. Just take the limits off and dream as big as you can. Have fun! Be creative!
If you had $1 Billion to do whatever you want with, what would you do with it?
This is a thought exercise. It is meant to stretch your imagination to its limits. When writing about your fictional purchases go into detail about what you want. Don’t just say “Private island”. Put as much creativity and detail in your response as you can. Expand on your ideas. Ask yourself questions as if you were a reporter or a little child who always has “Just one more question”. Don’t worry about being selfish. This is a fun idea with imaginary money.
For this exercise let’s assume you already gave money to God, charities, family, and friends. And you are free to do whatever you want with the rest of it. Guilt and shame need not apply. (1 Peter 2:24, Hebrews 12:2)
Have fun! Be creative!
Can you imagine spending all $1 billion?
List of ideas:
- Private island
- House under the sea
- House deep underground or in the mountains
- Start a school or college
- Start a business
- Invest in an idea you have
- Make that device you envision
- Start a gaming company
- Start a Network
- Make a game, TV show, or movie
- Buy a company
- Buy a large island or land and start your own country
- What is the color, size, shape, quantity?
- Why do you want this?
- What can you do with this?
- How does your school differ from other schools?
- Why do you want to start this business?
- How can this invention or device change people’s lives?
- What is the story of your game, TV show, or movie about?
- Why would you buy this company?
- What would you change about this company?
- Why would you start your own country?
- What are the rules of your country?
- How would your country function?
Feel free to change any part of this prompt. I do not want the prompt as written to limit your creativity.
- Instead of $1 billion, make it $1 trillion. Or $10 Trillion. The point is to use your imagination.
- Instead of $1 billion, make it smaller. $1 Million. And focus on one idea.
- Giving the money way (See below)
- Starting your own charity or group
Giving the money away (optional)
Instead of spending all the money on yourself, write about where or who you would give the money to. Below are just some examples of questions to think about. Feel free to think of your own questions.
- How would you use this money for God?
- Who would you give the money to?
- What organizations and groups would you give it to?
- How much will you give to this person?
- Why would you give them the money?
- Why do you trust them with the money? If not, why would you give them money?
- If you gave your money to a charity or group, why them, instead of starting your own charity or group.
You don’t have to know how to run a charity. Or how to build or create your invention. Or how to run a company. Just imagine what it can do and why. Remember to have fun. And be creative!
Can you find any scriptures or promises in the Bible about these things you are imagining? If so, write them down. Then you will have scripture to stand on if you choose to believe God for these things.
Are you bring glory to God with what you choose to do with the money? Is so, please describe. Please note, this is just a bonus question to think of. Don’t let it trip you up. God wants you to be blessed. And he wants to give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)
I look forward to reading your entries if you choose to share them. Remember my suggestion regarding posting.
- Be encouraging, and supporting
- Walk in Agape-love
- Used wisdom when sharing and responding to others
- Note your modifications to the prompt
- Post a link instead of the full text
Have Fun! Be Creative!
Feature image contains the following Creative Commons images.
- “Tesla Model S electric car at Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area” by mariordo59, under CC BY-SA 2.0
- “Money” by Pictures of Money, under CC BY 2.0
- “Mansion” by Kahunapule Michael Johnson, under CC BY-SA 2.0